Year Calendar - (Ikea Hack)
Allows you to view and organize the entire year.
STRÖMBY (frame 70x100 cm)
MÅLA (markers and eraser)
- Draw the grid in the back of the paper that comes with the frame;
- Print the days and month names and glue them to the frame;
- Reassemble the frame (keeping the paper behind the glass);
- Draw the weekends on top of the glass as showed in the picture;
- Write unchangeable events like birthdays with permanent marker (optional);
- Write all other events with “MÅLA” markers.
The red are the weekends (written above the glass). At the beginning of each year just re-draw the weekends and the calendar is ready for that year.
I use a permanent marker to write unchangeable events like birthdays, this way those events will not be erased by the “MÅLA” ikea eraser.